Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What's Up With Independence Motor Speedway?

OK..... I don't want to be the next guy spreading rumors but some information that I have been getting just don't add up!

First, the north end bleachers were removed to be rebuilt, then high winds tore off a large portion of the grandstands roof which moved the start date of the races until possible mid May.

Then the car show was canceled, stated to be due to wet conditions at track.

Now some one is stating that the footing for the north end bleachers were poured incorrectly, causing them to need to be redone.

There has been a lot of talk about holding the races at other tracks to make up for the facilities not being ready.

The latest rumor I hear is that the new promoter, Brian Lillie of Three Wide Promotions, is pulling out of his contract with the fair board and want some of his investment returned to him!

Now I would like to get to the bottom of this, I'm going to try to contact Brian Lillie or the fair board to find out first hand what is going on!

I hope they can get things figured out before to long!


0 comments:

 

track traffic
improve health