Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Viva LAS VEGAS!

Sunday’s UAW-Dodge 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway marks another significant milestone for NASCAR’s new race car. The now-generation car will compete for the first time on a 1.5-mile track, an event presaged by the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series’ two-day test there in late January. Reaction was positive.

“Teams came out of there with high marks on the new car, the way it handled and they really liked the tire package,” said Brett Bodine, NASCAR’s Director of Cost Research. “We feel like the education process for the teams really went to another level after that test, with them coming out of there with a really good feeling about the car and what they learned.”

Teams used the new car in 16 of 36 events last season. It will run fulltime in 2008; in fact, the season’s first four events come at tracks where the new car races for the first time — Daytona International Speedway, Auto Club Speedway, Las Vegas and Atlanta Motor Speedway.

If I could choose anywhere in the World to move to, Las Vegas would be VERY high on the list. I have had the most fun in that town! Talk about a city that don't sleep, this would be number 1.

The only problem with that idea would be that I'm not sure how long I could keep the pace there.... but it sure would be fun trying to find out!

0 comments:

 

track traffic
improve health