Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back In The Drivers Seat!

Well Friday night at Hawkeye Downs turned out to be pretty interesting after all!

We did manage to get the VW Golf ready to roll and at the track! The driver of the night in the VW was Anthony Pickart who just so had a night off from Arlo's modified!

And on the subject of the Hornet race..... The Big House Motorsports Ford Focus found itself a new driver Friday night as well! Your very own Rapid Roy Parker got the chance to pilot it around the Hawkeye Downs 1/4 mile! Jeff & James both had other commitments that kept them from being able to drive and Big House had already loaned his gear to Anthony for the night so it was up to me to blow the dust off the old racing bag!

I wasn't able to get to the track in time for hot laps so the heat race was the first time I ever jumped behind the wheel! I will say that it is a very fun car to drive!

Started the heat race in 10th spot and did somehow manage to get to 3rd by the end! Sure felt good to be back on the track after it had been a year since the VW and over 15 years since I raced before that!

I started the feature in 10th as well and boy this rusty driver seems to forget a silly thing called tire management when his adrenaline gets flowing! Finished the feature in 8th but I had quite a large time driving Friday night. I did spend some time swapping spots back and forth with Mervalous Merv Chandler for a while and that sure took me back to the old days of racing!

I don't think you will see me full time in a race car any time soon! I want to drive the Golf one more time before it's death but that will tide me over.

Besides....... I don't think my village can survive without having me as it's IDIOT for very long! So I better keep my priorities straight!

0 comments:

 

track traffic
improve health