Saturday, March 1, 2008

Racetracks In A Rut?

Today I want to ramble a little about how racetracks are run!

Now..... Let me be very clear, I'm not talking about any one track in particular, just all tracks in general!

Why is it some tracks just figure that every thing this year is going to be the same as last year? I would think that you would want to make as much proverbial hoopla as possible about the upcoming season to get people as fired up as can be!

I would start real early in the year with weird teasers to at least get people thinking about the season ahead.

Here is a stupid example from the past. How many people remember listening to country stations in about 1993 - 1994 and hearing the phrase : "THE TRACTORS ARE COMING!"
That sound bite would be played in between songs off and on all day. This went on for quite some time. If you called the station, (like I did!) they would act like they never heard it.

Then the day came when you heard: "THE TRACTORS ARE HERE!" followed by the playing on the song "Baby Likes To Rock It"

Now this is a big stretch from running a race track, but the point I'm trying to make is about the hype or build up to something!

Love it or hate it, you wanted to know just what the hell The Tractors where!

Not sure if this makes any sense or not, maybe I'm just dying to get some sort of racing going!

0 comments:

 

track traffic
improve health