Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mark Martin Wins Sam's Town 300!













It's good to see Mark Martin in victory lane and in true Mark Martin style, he apologized for an incident on the track before he celebrated in victory lane!

Now to me that shows real class. That is something that you just don't see anymore.


Martin pulled away from Greg Biffle in a green-white-checkered-flag restart that took the race two laps beyond its posted distance of 200 laps and extended his series record to 48 career victories, but the driver of the No. 5 Chevrolet was subdued after triggering a wreck on Lap 195 that eliminated Carl Edwards, his former Roush Fenway Racing teammate, and Brad Keselowski, his teammate-for-a-day at JR Motorsports.

As Edwards and Keselowski raced side by side toward the stripe on Lap 195, a tap from Martin turned Edwards' Ford into Keselowski's Chevrolet, sending both cars spinning into the frontstretch wall.

"I've got to apologize before we do any celebrating," Martin said in victory lane. "I hate for that to happen. I didn't intend for it to turn out that way. But I couldn't stop it, once it started. I feel real bad for Brad, because he was so close to getting his first victory."

I wish all drivers would see things that way!

0 comments:

 

track traffic
improve health